Welcome to Goodworks Ventures
Goodworks Ventures, LLC was formed in 2007 as a Montana based and focused impact fund to support, nurture and empower visionary people and organizations that are creating the world we want to live in.
Statement of Solidarity
Like so many others, our hearts are broken by recent events. At Goodworks Ventures [high stakes foundation], we recognize there are fundamental equality and justice issues across the country, that need to be addressed. We stand in solidarity with the black community and allies who have engaged in protest to address systemic racism. There are a lot of voices out there advocating for change. We think Michelangelo was right when he said, “criticize by creating.” Protest, donate, write to your local politicians, VOTE, and engage in conversations with those around you, even when uncomfortable. Make your voice heard and speak out against injustice when you hear or see it.
We support small businesses, equal opportunity, and resilient communities that are inclusive of everyone.
As we all attempt to navigate these unprecedented times, small businesses face more challenges than ever. Please see the article and accompanying resources below, from the Angel Capital Association.
“The United States Congress has just passed the $2.2 trillion coronavirus emergency relief package, known as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The intention of the CARES Act is to assist businesses, small businesses, certain non-profits and other employers with their needs during the current crisis by providing resources necessary for survival.
Chairwoman Velázquez of the House Small Business Committee has created The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act for more detailed information about programs and initiatives that will soon be available, as well as additional tax provisions. The guide also addresses common questions to help you or your portfolio companies get started, such as:
- Do you need capital to cover the cost of retaining employees? Then the Paycheck Protection Program might be right for you.
- Do you need a quick infusion of a smaller amount of cash to cover you right now? You might want to look into an Emergency Economic Injury Grant.
- Do you need to ease your fears about keeping up with payments on your current or potential SBA loan? The Small Business Debt Relief Program could help.
- Do you need quality, free counseling to help you navigate this uncertain economic time? The resource partners might be your best bet.
Check out the full document here.”
– “What Do You Know?” podcast episode about ‘Small Business Survival in the COVID-19 Era.’
We are not actively making new investments at this time, but we are always interested in talking to people and learning what they are up to. Feel free to reach out to Kevin Sullivan using the form on the Contact Us page.
As you may have heard, we are spending most of our time focused on Goodworks Evergreen, LLC. For more information about that portfolio, please visit https://GWEvergreen.com/
Let's work together
We’re open to partnering with committed entrepreneurs and investors.